Can you afford the lifestyle you imagine?
Business owners, professionals and high net worth individuals and families often accumulate significant funds to use for their retirement. Without proper guidance, however, they may not understand if they have accumulated enough to retire or realize how long their money will last.
As life expectancy has increased, these issues have become more important. Whether you plan to retire early, or stay involved in your business or work for as long as possible, one thing is clear: you cannot structure a realistic retirement lifestyle until you know what it will cost.
Retirement takes planning
This begins by identifying not only your existing assets but also your anticipated expenses in retirement, your life expectancy and the amount of wealth you hope to transfer to younger generations or to causes you support. In essence, you need a personal wealth plan that can show you how to:
- Finance an extended retirement lifecycle that takes into account longer life expectancy and a more active lifestyle, but does not deplete your capital.
- Balance your saving and spending to avoid outliving your assets.
- Structure your investment portfolio to receive the income you need during retirement, once you stop receiving a regular income.
- Overcome the difficulty associated with valuing your assets if most of your wealth is tied up in your business.
- Determine how much you can spend without interfering with your estate plan.
Solutions that evolve with you
Given the options available for your retirement years, financial planning for retirement is not a single event. In fact, your plan will likely need to be adjusted over time to accommodate your evolving vision of retirement. This is true whether you plan to simply relax during retirement, travel, learn new skills, volunteer, mentor the younger generation or even start a new venture. At The Latremoille Begg Group, we take all these variables into account to build a wealth management solution customized to support your goals and dreams.