How your portfolio can benefit from Trump's plan
1. Trump’s proposed tax cut from 32% to 15% may substantially enhance the value of US equities.
2. Capital held offshore by US corporation may be repatriated to the US at a proposed 10% withholding tax. Should this be enacted by the House and Senate, it would be extremely beneficial for capital investment inside the US. It is estimated that there is $2.0 Trillion offshore.
3. The proposed relaxing of regulations would potentially lead to enhanced corporate profitability and economic stimulus.
4. The possible fiscal investment in infrastructure may accelerate US job creation and economic activity even further.
5. Housing prices and new home starts may benefit from rising employment wages; as a result of Trump’s proposed policies
6. There is a possibility that Trump’s proposed policies would lead to an increase in entrepreneurship helped by the success of “big business” and economic expansion
Sectors that could do well if Trump is able to move his plan forward:
• US Financials
• US Industrials
• US Energy and Infrastructure
• US Pharmaceuticals
AMT Wealth Counsel
Visit my website at www.amtwealth.ca
The opinions expressed in this report are the opinions of the author and readers should not assume they reflect the opinions or recommendations of Richardson GMP Limited or its affiliates. Assumptions, opinions and estimates constitute the author's judgment as of the date of this material and are subject to change without notice. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of this material, and it should not be relied upon as such. Before acting on any recommendation, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, if necessary, seek professional advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The comments contained herein are general in nature and are not intended to be, nor should be construed to be, legal or tax advice to any particular individual. Accordingly, individuals should consult their own legal or tax advisors for advice with respect to the tax consequences to them, having regard to their own particular circumstances. Insurance services are offered through Richardson GMP Insurance Services Limited in BC, AB, SK, MB, NWT, ON, QC, NS and PEI. Additional administrative support and policy management are provided by PPI Partners. Richardson GMP Limited is a member of Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Richardson is a trade-mark of James Richardson & Sons Limited. GMP is a registered trade-mark of GMP Securities L.P. Both used under license by Richardson GMP Limited.